Monday, April 10, 2017

First week of April, progress


On the first week of April I started to make the tutorial level of my game, in Mine craft! I used the help of 3 other team mates, but some of them just kept fooling around, and some did not even work! But we were able to create a gigantic wall that encompassed the tutorial level, also showing who created it! Finally after I finished the tutorial level I went off to find a place to start with level 1. (Or second level if tutorial level is first in your eyes) It took me a while, but I found an area that had lots of grass, and had a flat area! So I lead a glow stone trail back to the tutorial level so I could find it again! Then I told my group mates to start with the dungeon I was making! This dungeon was a gigantic tower that would have floors of parkor, enemies, mazes, and at the end, a boss! We were able to finish half of the exterior and that is it for the first week at school!


At home I just finished a quest about coding in code academy, which was about arrays, and it took a while!
I plan to create the interior of the tower with bosses, mazes and puzzles! Afterwards, create a pathway to level one through npcs guiding the character! Because this is an open world game, it will be hard to pull off!


One aha moment was when I was placing blocks in a gigantic column, I was jumping and placing a block, but then I realized I could just fly and place blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment